Need Window Parts

A home owner from St. Petersburg, FL says:

My window will not stay up and the parts on the sides of the window are broken, they hang all the way down. I have taken some pictures of the window.

If you can send me the correct parts to put on the window. The window is PGT, aluminum widow in a bathroom/shower area. I need the same part for both sides of the window, they are both broken. The window is 10 years old.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0830.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0829.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0828.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

We'd be happy to help but we'll need more information to help identify your hardware. Can you show us a clear photo of the bottom of the spiral? I'd like to see how it attaches to the sash. It looks very corroded so you may want to use an undamaged balance as a reference, if possible. 

I would but the bottom of both spirals are broke off, it looks like they got wet and rusted. I will look again but I am pretty sure it is just a flat edge from being broke off.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Is there an identical window in the house? We can use that as a reference if possible. Otherwise, we won't be able to help identify your balance without seeing how it attaches to the sash. I'm afraid there's just too many options. 

These pictures I just sent are from a window in the bedroom. I looks like they hook into the bottom of the window. All the windows are the same brand, PGT.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0837.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0836.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0835.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Emily isn't here today but I can assist you from here.

Your balance is an old design that is unfortunately not something that we can supply anymore. These were discontinued just a few years ago and our stock ran out not long after. The only option we have for you that may work is something like our Series 400, along with a 17-031 bracket (sold separately).

The idea is that the 17-031 snaps on to the end of the Series 400 spiral. It would then screw to the bottom of your sash on each side, cradling it instead of hook into it. Does that make sense? It seems to me like you have room to drill a new screw hole on the bottom of your sash, but even then it's still a bit of a gamble. There is no guarantee that this configuration can work for you even then.

That said, it is our best option and I think it's worth at least considering. Look these products over and see what you think!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.