Need assistance for replacement Channel Balance assembly

A home owner from Lawrenceburg Indiana says:
Hello,

I have a 27" window channel balance that I need to replace. 27 D BSI is stamped on it. I searched the website and cannot find anything like it. Can you folks please tell me what part number I would need to order?

Thank You

Gary
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I think we can custom make this for you, yes. I'm thinking our S371-27, but with the top nylon clip swapped out for a 19-037. Does that look good to you? We'd also go with a 2730 2630 stamp option, which can carry a sash weight of 19 through 26 pounds. Let me know how many you need and we can get started.
Outstanding!

I actually learned that I will need to replace several of these on a few different sized windows. I'm out of town right now but I will send a list of all sizes needed next week. What will the cost of the custom 27" be for example?
Hello Paul I'm confused. Wouldnt the 2640 stamp option be 19-26 pound for the 27" series 371 channel balance? That is what is showing on the page I looked at. In any event yes please provide a custom quote for the 19 through 26 lb rated channels Here is what I need.

4 each 23"
2 each 27"
2 each 34"

Will need 2 each 27" 30-33lbs (stamp option 2660?) as this is for a wider/heavier window.

Also need additional parts to repair other channels. I have the stake tool already.

12 each 3/32 x 39/64 rivets
4 each Channel Tops p/n 19-037

Thanks

Gary
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, sorry about that! That was a typo. I'll fix it now. You're right, for sashes weighing 19 through 26 pounds, and a 27" long metal channel, the 2640 option is the best choice. As for the other 27" long balance you need, assuming the sash weight falls within the 30 through 33 pound range, the 2660 would be best.

That accounts for two, but you also mention a 23" long balance and a 34" long balance. We will still need to know the stamps or the sash weight for these, as well.

So far, we have:

-Two 27" long 2630 balances
-Two 27" long 2660 balances
-Four 23" long balances, stamp unknown
-Two 34" long balances, stamp unknown

Once we know those last two stamps I'll send you the necessary custom order links.
Thank Goodness for typo's!..LOL
I initially did not put enough effort into this and was about to make a costly mistake. I assumed weights and boy was I wrong. I since have actually weighed the windows to ensure I get the absolute correct balance assemblies needed. I also decided to go ahead and change out a couple more out rather then go thru this in another year or so. These others will inevitably go bad as well. All said and done here is what I believe I need.

All custom with the 19-037 top clips...

2ea- 23" long stamp 2230 balances (15 lbs)
2ea- 23" long stamp 2220 balances (10 lbs)
4ea- 27" long stamp 2620 balances (11 lbs)
2ea- 27" long stamp 2640 balances (23 lbs)
4ea- 34" long stamp 3340 balances (19 lbs)

Extra parts as well

12ea- 3/32 x 39/64 rivets
4ea- Channel Tops p/n 19-037
4ea- Clip p/n 16-002

Thank You Paul

Profile picture of Paul
My pleasure. I'll get started on these immediately. You will be receiving five different custom order links, which you can use to place these balances in your cart. Once you've done that, you can add the other repair parts to your cart as needed.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.