Need correct window balance.

A quick learner from Manteca Ca says:
Good day. I have this window in my room that slides up. It has been missing the balance to hold it up since I bought the house. The window itself measures 22x24. I would like to fix it but don't know what kind of balance I need. The window side measured a little over 1/2 in as described in the parts selection. Please let me know if you can help identify the correct balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201106_100541794.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201106_100701043.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you need non-tilt window channel balances. We might be able to help narrow this down for you, but we'll need a little more information to do so:

• Please tell me the height of visible glass in this window sash. This will help us determine the balance length needed. 
  • Please give me the exact weight of the window sash. Placing it on a bathroom scale will suffice. 
  • Is there another window of the same size or similar in the house with the balances intact? If so, please remove one and show pictures of the nylon fittings on either end, as well as any stamp code on the metal channel. 

From there, I'll do my best to find what you need. 

Hello and thank you for the reply. The window portion measures 20 inches by 22 inches. the window sash weighs 13.4 lbs. I don't have a similar window to compare to. I also could not find a stamp code.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201110_183736265.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Unfortunately, without seeing another balance I have really no way of knowing what type of balance you need. I can tell you it should be 21" long, and that it will use a stamp option of 2030 (for a sash in the weight range of 12 through 15 pounds), but it gets very uncertain after that. That said, a similar window here used the Series 390 Channel Balance. So it's possible you need the S390-21, with a stamp option of 2030. Again, this is entirely an educated guess; I can't make any guarantees. You could always try the balances, then return them if they don't work-see our Return Policy here.

Hello and thank you for the information. As far as additional hardware what else would I need? I attached images of the window frame. One side has a metal tab and the other does not. I am willing to try the recommended parts but need to know if anything else is needed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201111_090003050_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201111_090009260_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

See if the 16-002 matches the Take-Out clips you still have. Also make sure your Top Sash Guides are intact--I believe you have the 18-008, but show me closer pictures if you're unsure. The video below shows how to replace channel balances. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.