Need help ID OE tilt window latch

A handy person from Richmond, VA says:

Ask the experts, that's you.

The OE part measures:

• LONG- 2 5/16"
  • WIDE- 11/16"
  • THICK- 3/8"
  • Underside Clip from edge- 1/16"

I can't find any available latch that matches. Any suggestions on which part number to consider?

Thanks,

Ken

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch 3 Leonard.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Leonard1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Leonard2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Ken. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with an OE brand. Would it be possible to see more photos of your tilt latch from other angles? Your current photo only shows the side, but I'd also like to see the top and underside as well, if possible.

You also show a pivot shoe. Did you need that, too? If so, can you please tell me its width and thickness?

Tom:

The pivot shoe issue has been resolved and I sent you those photos in error. Regarding the shoe, Paul for Swisco said "The 15-046 is actually exactly what I would have recommended. That is the new replacement for the old Silverline brand shoe you have now".

Attached are more photos of the tilt latch. Sorry for the confusion.

Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch 1 Leonard.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch 2 Leonard.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch 3 Leonard.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for clarifying, and for these new photos. They're a huge help.

I think our 26-393 is the best option in our inventory based on what I see here. This has the same width and thickness that you stated, though our length is a little off. You may want to triple check that just to be sure. Otherwise I feel very confident that this is what you want.

Dimensions for 26-393
Dimensions for 26-393

Is there a way to use another latch like one that has screws to attach above the portion of the window where the existing latch is inserted? Keep in mind that the OE latches are no longer in the window frame and there is an open spaces where the latch use to be.

ken
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds like you mean a surface-mount latch. I'm afraid there's no easy way to install those on this kind of window precisely because of that open space you described. You would have to find some way to plug that up to allow for a screw; I don't know how any surface-mount tilt latch whose front hole wouldn't overlap with that open space.

I guess theoretically you could use a longer screw, but I personally would advise against that. That deep in the sash frame, you risk potentially hitting the glass with any holes you drill. I don't think it's worth trying.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.