Need help identifying parts to order.

A home owner from Easley, SC says:
Above are pictures of the two parts in my window. I need help choosing what to purchase. The window weighs 18 pounds and it's a single hung window. The top part has two coil springs in it. There are no marking on the window. I need both the left and right parts.

When I try to remove the parts, they have become so brittle that they crumble.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E5FEAB20-BFD3-409D-87A8-C3D44C209790.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E84F06B6-68DD-4B9C-9446-75CE505A53B8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need a new coil balance assembly. We sell the individual components of what you show here; see our 15-111 pivot shoe, 1/2" thick S160-4 coil spring (4.5 pounds of support each), and 15-150D double spring support.

Your next step should be to measure the width of your existing spring to verify that it's the same at 1/2". As long as it is then I feel confident these products can work for you.

Alternate image for 15-111
Alternate image for 15-111

Detail of 15-150D
Detail of 15-150D

Profile view of 15-150D
Profile view of 15-150D

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.