Need help identifying this balance

A handy person from Mesa, Arizona says:
I have a 13 year old house and I have no idea who the window manufacturer was. Here's a picture showing the model number? of a balance I removed from one of the windows. I have additional pictures of base and top plastic/nylon connectors if needed. I not yet weighed the sash, but I can if needed.

I would like to buy 6 replacements. Can you please recommend an appropriate replacement.

Thanks - Mark
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This is not the model number, it's just the stamp. All it tells us is the strength of the spring and the length of the metal channel (35"). I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Mesa Arizona says:
I visited the home page and ended up with the following identification:

Channel width = 1/2"
Channel length = 35"
Series 395 with 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom

Based on your previous comment about the stamp on the channel of the old balance indicating spring strength, how would I pick a new part to order with a comparable or identical spring strength (what part number would I order)?

Thanks - Mark
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you have an S395-35 channel balance with a 3440 option. Please review this hardware and let me know if you agree.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.