Need help so I can order parts

A quick learner says:

Swissco. I have old storm windows with plastic hardware that keeps breaking. The company I used to use is no longer in business. I can do this myself. I just need help identifying the latches guides springs and corners. Plus help identifying the gasket material. It looks like there is yellow glue residue on the inside of the frame. The gasket material only fits in a grove and seals one side of the glass. Thanks! William

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EA1C7ED5-40A4-4ED2-AEA3-044CCE6F98A4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB7BA35B-6E59-4D49-B91C-4BEADA6B68BD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17F78020-9E4C-49FD-BC2D-CB35F4556B26.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7330039E-95BE-455A-91A0-2BFD3450C260.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F9BEE5DB-A090-4DD4-962A-741BDD4FC6D3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, William. I've picked out a variety of parts that may very well work for you, but in order to confirm you will need to carefully go over our dimensions to confirm they line up. Dimensions for storm window hardware can be very, very precise so it's important to review our measurements as carefully as you can.

That said, see our 91-010 and 91-011 slide latches, 95-233 corner, and then either the 95-190 or 95-191 pivot corner.

Please let me know if you had any questions!

A quick learner says:
Tom,

Thanks much for looking at the parts. The latches and corner keys are exact. The pivot corners measurements are 1.5" in height, 9/64 wide, and 3/16 height. 95-191 looks good. The extension that fits into the track on my storm windows has an offset. Does that matter? If the offset does matter are 95-008 or 95-015 contenders? Also spline photos are included. They are 5/16 wide. Do you have a recommendation?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0781.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0782.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0783.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0784.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0785.jpg
A quick learner says:

Tom,

Is it possible to mail you the parts I need to replace to get the best match? I don't need them back. I can mail you the corner key, latch, piece of the spline, and swivel corner.

Happy 4th!

William

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, William. We're all working from home due to the quarantine. Unfortunately, that means we won't be able to review any samples you send in. That probably won't be something we can do until all this ends.

In the meantime, I can tell you that our 59-067 spline is the closest match we have to what you show here, though I cannot guarantee that it will work, since there are still some design differences.

Concerning the pivot, if your dimensions are 9/64" x 3/16", then the 95-008 is absolutely a contender. Less so the 95-0015 since it's not the same size.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.