Need new mortise lock

A quick learner from new mexico says:
Hello,

I purchased (1) 82-030 : Sliding Patio Door Handle Set, 3-15/16" &
(1) 82-315 : Key Lock And Housing to add a keyed entry to my patio door. Unfortunately, the mortise lock does not accept a centered cylinder lock placement.
Based on the pictures would you please recommend a mortise lock that will work with the handle set I've purchased?

Thank you, Sara
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Existing Handle & Mortise Lock.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Existing Handle Shown Installed.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named New Handle & Keyed Cylinder next to existing Morti
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The 82-030 handle set that you purchased has three punch-out options to install the 82-310 key lock. It's possible that the key lock needed to be installed in one of the other two holes to meet your mortise lock in the correct position, which resembles the 82-226. Take a look at our guide on this handle set here. Thank you. 

Hi Casey,

hmmm... great point. This might work if I had bored out the bottom hole. But, now I will have two holes in the handle. Any suggestions? Do you have any centered key cylinder accepted mortise locks that would work?

thanks,
Sara
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, trying to use a different mortise lock won't fix the problem. Since there is now a hole in the center of your external handle, your best option would be to replace just that part with the 82-044. The good news is that this outside pull is compatible with the 82-315 key lock housing that you already purchased and has the same three punchout options. Take a look and see what you think. 

Thank you, Casey. I appreciate your help and insight into my dilemma. I will look into the option you suggested.

Sara
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.