Need replacement channel balance assemblies for Caldwell 27 4 E O

A quick learner from San Jose says:
Please recommend which product to buy.

Part stamp Caldwell 27 4 E O.

I will need 4 total to repair 2 windows.

Thanks,
Stephanie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 407B5C4E-857A-4BB0-BA73-D6C98E1F36BE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E58E6E30-9A77-435A-A83E-204F447B96A2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D7A1EBBF-8D71-4812-AC2E-43FDBFDE7FB5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6D44EED6-1F2E-42B1-9C0B-E816354A5161.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0AD8868E-9504-404C-81B0-06D3822681DD.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Stephanie. We can definitely help replace this. Can you just show me a clearer picture of the top nylon fitting? I want to see if it has 'tabs' or wings on its sides like the bottom nylon fitting does, and I can't make it out in your photo. From there I should be able to ID this straightaway. Many thanks. 

I think no wings but I'll provide these pictures. Top no wings bottom wings. :-)

Thanks for the help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 321D023C-AB4C-400F-813D-B10B33F93A25.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF5058AC-5AE1-4DDF-85D1-C9FBF985E0C2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 931ADB1C-9A89-40DA-A37A-D194F6EC8B55.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9EFF41C2-5856-4FED-8A27-4CACD3264239.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Perfect, thanks. This looks like an S350-28 Channel Balance to me. Just look it over to confirm. For a stamp option choose 2740.

Hi Bob,
Are you sure it's not a 27" length? I measured 27" length on the metal rail.

Stephanie
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Stephanie. Normally when a balance has a stamp that begins with a 27, that indicates the balance is 28" long. This is because that first part of the stamp refers to the height of visible glass in the window sash, and a non-tilt channel balance is typically 1" longer than that height. 

However, sometimes metal channels are cut down by contractors to fit the window they're working with. When that happens, you can get a balance with a stamp that doesn't follow the logic I just laid out. So, if the metal channel, not including the attachments, is definitely 27" long, then you are correct that you would need an S350-27 instead of a 28" balance. However, this also means to know what stamp option to pick, you will need to obtain the exact weight of the window sash. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the shop page. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.