Need replacement of window latches

A home owner from California says:
Can you please help me identify my window latch as shown in the photos? My house was built in 1995 and many of the window latches have been breaking and I need to replace them all.

Thanks
K
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your original latch is no longer made, but you may be able to get our 26-089P to work. The catch is, you'll need to drill a small hole for the lower inside screw on the vertical tab.
A home owner from California says:
Will there be room on the side of my window to fit the vertical tab? I am not home at the moment and don't recall if the original latch has a vertical tab?

Also, is the top hole at the same size and location as the original latch?

Thanks
K
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't know if yours has a vertical tab or not, but based on what I see it very well may. It'd be strange for it to only be held in with one screw. The only way to be sure is to remove yours and find out.
A home owner from Califronia says:
Paul,
I took your earlier advice and went ahead and purchased 4 pairs this morning to try out. Hopefully they will fit just fine.

Thanks
K
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.