Need replacement parts for tilt window

A home owner from Germantown md says:
I do not know manufacturer of are about 20 yrs old. Plastic is starting to crumble. I need I guess the pivot connects the metal wire that keeps the window from sliding down. Sorry I do not know the technical words. And I need a tilt latch. I took photos of what I need. A friend looked at it and told me I need parts 18-360 and 18-174 this does not include the tilt latch. I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm afraid I don't recognize the numbers your friend gave you, but I still think we can help. Keep in mind that my suggestions are educated guesses; the only way to know for sure if they match is if you carefully compare our dimensions to your measurements.

To start off, look at our 15-046 pivot shoe. The key dimensions here are the thickness, which is 1/2", and the width, which is 1-1/4". How does this compare to your own pivot shoe?

Next, I would suggest our 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches. I recommend removing one of your tilt latches so that you can get more detailed measurements. Another important thing to consider is the shape of the "tooth." This kind of tilt latch has many cousins that look more or less identical with the single exception of the tooth shape, so make sure this detail is the same!

Let me know if my suggestions match!
A home owner from Germantown, MD says:
In your reply to me you mentioned when looking at the tilt latch to consider the shape of the "tooth".....what is the tooth?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That is the pointed, almost triangular part that holds the window in the track. When you pull back on the tilt latch lever, the tooth recedes. When you let go of the lever, the tooth sticks out in position.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)