Need replacement sliding door latch/lock

A home owner from 91343 says:
Hi,

We have a sliding glass door that is somehow missing its latch/lock mechanism, and hoping you can help supply us with the part! (sorry, I'm not sure of the name of the part, but it is the tab/lever located on the door handle which you'd pull down to lock the door once you slide it closed. Think the brand is Milgard based on the logo). Photos are attached, see the pic with the missing tab that's supposed to go in that empty slot. Kindly advise if you have a replacement part for this. Thank you so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000000.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000003.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000005.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000006.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello

We do offer the 82-240 latch lever but, unfortunately, it is only available in white and almond. You should also be able to replace the entire handle set with our 82-080 or 82-081 keyed handle sets as long as the dimensions shown on our product pages match up to yours. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

A home owner from 91343 says:
Thank you, Casey!

So helpful, and will start by ordering the white latch lever to see if that does the trick, and will get the whole handle set as a second step if not. Really appreciate your expertise and guidance on this!
A quick learner from 94577 says:
I need the replacement metal plate and the strike plate similar to the one posted here. I can order the strike plate you listed, but where can I get the steel/metal plate behind it?
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2CB365BA-681E-44B2-AF2D-5E9E77592364.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 50B4FB07-AC30-432B-A0A6-8BF0B9A4A088.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

If you're referring to the door frame that the keeper attaches to, unfortunately, that is not something that we can supply and would be specific to the manufacturer. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

A quick learner from 94577 says:
Thank you for the help!!
A quick learner from EDMONDS, WA says:
Hello,

Please give instruction for replacing 82-268B. The part is inside the door; how to take it out of the door.
Thank you very much.

TT
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door lock.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

I've never personally replaced one of these mortise locks but, from what I understand, there is a snap-on vinyl cover running the length of the side of the door that must be removed to access the lock assembly. I am told that it can be a bit tricky to remove but will be necessary to complete the repair. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.