Need spring coil (full assembly)

A handy person from DC says:
One of my spring balances for vinyl windows broke--the two spring tapes got all kinked. I had to cut the frame to remove it (and it's broken apart). There are two coils; one is clearly marked #6 (lb?); the other seems to read 35", but hard to see. The plastic body (outer cover) is 3" long and 1 1/4" wide (including the little tabs and about 1" not including the tabs. There are two screws that secure it. Do not know the brand. Photo is of the good one on the right side. Need the left side (sorry, it's kind of destroyed). Windows are about 18 years old, single hung (i.e. top is fixed in place). Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I think we can help you replace these coil balances, but I will need to see the pivot shoe at the bottom of the window frame that they connect to. Preferably, if you could remove the shoe and provide pictures, as well as thickness and width, that would help us identify it. The identity of the pivot shoe in turn determines the coil springs you need. If the pivot shoe on the side with the damaged coils is intact, that will suffice--you'll have to remove these components anyways. See the video below for removal details. 

Thanks! Here are a few images of the piece, which is just under 1 1/4" wide and just under 1" tall. Also, a pic of the end of one of the two spring ribbons, which are exactly 1/2" wide. Hope this helps!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190227_194902.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190227_193046.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190227_193006.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190227_192945.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like you have a 15-111 or heavy duty 15-191 pivot shoe that's compatible with the Series 160 coil balances. You'll have to double check the stamps on the coils to determine the correct options.

If you can't locate the stamps, you may want to first check the stamps on the coils from an identical window in your home. If you're still having trouble, just reply back to us with the exact weight of the window sash and the number of springs on each side of the window. Hope this helps!

Thanks--will do. One says #6 (6 pounds?) and a Patent number (illeg). The other looks like 35 (inches?), and a patent number, as well. The window is relatively light (vinyl) and the other coil almost hold it up. I'll look at the products above and see how close they...
OK, these two component are definitely what I need

Product Code: 15-111 and Product Code: S160-6OK (two each side) but the entire assembly is destroyed. I'll try to remove a good one and take a pic and measurements, but it's not easy, since getting them out requires cutting the frame (there are no openings to remove them). Also, the other side just broke now, so I'll need double of everything. Do they just make the entire assembly with two springs for each unit? Seems not easy to piece all together from different parts. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! Glad you were able to determine what you need. If you want some tips on how to cut the frame to remove the assembly, I recommend watching the video at the end of this post.

Unfortunately, this balance system is not provided as a complete unit. I apologize for the inconvenience.

OK, here's the complete apparatus from the other side, front and back. There are two springs. The one on the top (the left side in the picture is marked #6.5 35" The one on the bottom (right side of picture and closest to the pivot shoe) is marked 3.5 35 Each is 1/2" wide and has the T-shaped tip.

What I'll need are TWO pivot shoes (standard, 15-111), as you said.

Plus I'll need ONE plastic 1/2" coil double (product 15-150D is close, but not identical). My part is 1 1/4" wide and 3 1/8" long (tall), with two screws. Don't know if it matters.

Plus I'll need the two springs, as identified above. The rubber pieces are still good, so don't need any other parts, I think

I hope we're almost there--thanks so much for the help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190302_163039.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190302_163006.jpg
The two coils I need appear to be: Series-160-Coil-Balance, 3.5 lb and 6.5 lb. They look identical to mine (with that rectangular cut out).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, that all looks good to me. We don't have your exact balance cover, but our 15-150D should work just as well. You could also reuse your old cover, assuming both sides are in good condition.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.