Need to Replace Both Coil Spring Balances

A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
Hi, I removed this coil balance from one side of my double-hung vinyl window. Both coils have broken. The cover shows CertainTeed. The window size is 32 1/2 x 25 1/2 inches double pane. Do you have the replacement part?

Thanks

Ron O
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230429_154751.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Ron.

We likely have a replacement for what you're looking for, yes. However, I will need more information to help narrow down your options. Can you show us a photo of your pivot shoe? 

Hi, I removed the lower window, and here are the photos of the Pivot shoe and window arm

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230501_172100.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230501_172100.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230501_172146.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me! Based on what I see in these photos, my recommendation would be the 15-192 which uses the S170 and S171 coil springs. We also sell the 15-156 spring cover and 15-157 balance drum. To determine the proper coil spring weight, you would have to divide the sash weight by the total number of coil springs in the window. 

As for the pivot bar, your old style is discontinued but the 26-175 was designed to specifically replace it as mentioned in the video below. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions. 

Hi Emily: The lower sash is 11.1 lbs so dividing by 2 is 5.55 lbs. Does this help

Thanks

RonO
Profile picture of Emily

Sure, so you have two options since your sash weighs 11 pounds. You can use (1) S170-405 5-pound spring on each side of the window which would total 10 pounds of overall support, or you can use (1) S170-406 6-pound spring on each side which would total 12 pounds of overall support. Either option is fine as long as the coil weights are within a pound of your sash's actual weight. 

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.