Need to replace Balance

A handy person from Niles, Illinois says:
I have several Marvin Window that are in need of having the balance replaced. I bought the house in 1990 with all of these Marvin windows installed by the prior owner.
the balance has 16XHD stamped on it, the window wieghs 22.5 pounds. What would you recommend for replacement? Please note in picture that it looks like the intaller glued and nailed the wood and trim. I assume I will need to remove the wood strips and trim to remove the jam and replace the balance. Is this correct?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think you are going to have to buy new wood trim. Normally, the interior trim is nailed, so since yours is glued on top of that, it'll be harder. With a utility knife, carefully try cutting away the glue and then, just as carefully, remove nails with the trim.

Once you can remove the balance, please take a few pictures of it for me to see and we can try to identify a good match for you. Make sure to take pictures of both ends, and of whatever stamp you see printed on the metal channel.
A handy person from Niles Illinois says:
Ok, Here is my follow up.
Window is 42 3/4 x 20 1/4
Window weighs 22.5 lbs.
Stamped on the metal channel is 16XHD TS6
Several diverent views of same channel are attached
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Check out our S751-17 balance and see if this could work. I also recommend our 16TG option. Looks like you have a long "S" clip like our 19-030, but it appears undamaged and you should be able to re-use it.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.