Need viking window balancer

A quick learner from colorado says:
This is for a 1995 Viking non tilt window, I need 4. is this sufficient to identify the needed part?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! We need to confirm what that bottom shoe is. I think it might be either our 15-001 or 15-002, but I can't quite tell. Check out their dimensions and let me know which is a closer match.
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Can you also confirm the length of the metal channel? It looks like you've written 21" with marker, but can you just confirm?
A quick learner from colorado says:
it is 1-1/8" wide and the same piece is 1-1/16" from the point to the bottom.

After taking inventory of the whole house and getting a few spares I need:
3 2620 x 27" long
3 2630 x 21" long
4 take out clips

I double checked and all are winged on top and non winged on the bottom. Most are BSI stamped, but not all, does that make a difference? Some balancers have a rolled edge, some don't, but they are otherwise identical. Are there any other dimensions I should double check to make sure I get identical units. It seems the window industry in their infinite wisdom has seen fit to make an almost infinite number of dimensions and combinations. Glad to see there are people like you who understand it all.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great. The replacement balance you need is the S395-27. Order the 2620 option and the 2630 option. Note, you should replace both balances on a single window at the same time. If you pair a new balance with an old balance, you may wear out the new balance much more quickly.

As for the take out clips, check out our 16-002.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)