Balance T shoe with a groove

A quick learner says:
Need window parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15788662915573157359908590974764.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you have a 1" wide t lock pivot shoe, similar to our 15-194. However, the 15-194 will not work for you despite its similarities. Your shoe has a deep groove running along its stem, which matches a similar groove in the metal channel itself. That groove in the channel will prevent our 15-194 from installing properly.

Because of this, I'm afraid that the only solution we can offer is to replace the complete balance with our Series 795. You would also still need to purchase our 15-194 shoe separately, since the Series 795 comes with a 1-1/4" wide shoe by default. I recommend watching the video below, which shows you how they swap out.

When determining what Series 795 balance you need, make sure to measure the length of the metal channel and refer to the stamp so that you can select the proper spring strength option. Please also note that our Series 795 balance installs at the top using a screw tab, not a hook. If your old balance uses a hook, please let me know before you purchase anything. We would have to set you up with a custom made balance.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.