Need window shoes

A home owner from Macedon, NY says:
I need to order at least a dozen of these window shoes. There are over 11,000 of them on your site. Can you please help me identity which one I need to order, based on the pictures I've included?

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window shoe 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window shoe 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid your specific shoe isn't made anymore. The trouble is that deep groove in the stem, which is made to match a similar groove in the metal channel itself. This is an old style configuration that we cannot supply.

The only thing we can recommend is to purchase an all new Series 795 balance. Note that this balance comes with a 1-1/4" wide shoe by default, which means you need to purchase the 1" wide 15-194 separately. This appears to be the same size as your original. The video below will show you how they swap on and off; it's very easy.

A home owner from Macedon, NY says:
Thank you for the information. I am still confused, however. Why do I need to buy new balances when mine are fine, and would still need to buy the correct show size anyway? Can't I just order the 1-inch shoes?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 1 inch shoes we sell don't have that groove that I mentioned. They won't fit on your old metal channel since the groove would get in the way.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.