Need your help in which window channel balance I need

A quick learner from Walnut Creek, CA says:
Stamp as pictured: 27 4 bsi 00
The width (or height) of bigger plastic piece is a little over 1" which apparently requires different channel than if it was exactly 1" -relevant according to one of your posts.
Weight of window is 23 lbs.
Whole window size is about 34"x58"
Thanks,
Jeff
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0010.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 27 4 BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0014.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0015.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jeff. Your balance resembles both our S380-28 and S385-28. These balance almost look identical with the exception of the depth measurement of the bottom balance shoe. The depth of the bottom shoe for the Series 380 is 1" and for the Series 385 is 1-3/32". You will need to measure your shoe, like in the diagram below, to determine the best match. Whichever one chosen will use a 2740 option. 

Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004

Hi Paul,

I am concerned that the balance you've suggested and which I've ordered may involve a spring which is wound too tightly. I happened to get a replacement balance at a local store and it works better that the old ones I have on my other windows but it still is not as easy to close the window as I think it should be. I have smaller windows in my house which are quite easy to pull down to close; this tells me that perhaps the springs come in different degrees of 'soundness'. Is this true? Did you take into consideration tha weight and size of my window when recommending?

Thanks,

Jeff

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, all channel balances offer multiple strengths indicated by the stamp option. If you look at our S385-28 store page, for example, you'll see we have a chart that tells you how much weight each option supports.

You gave us 23 pounds as the weight of your sash, so we recommended the 2740 option, which carries 19 through 26 pounds. As long as your sash is exactly 23 pounds then the 2740 option should work perfectly. If you have any doubts at all, you should triple check your sash weight and compare it to the chart.

That makes sense. I receive my ordering a week; I look forward to that.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.