Needed Casement Parts

A home owner from Palmyra, NY says:
The pictures include one window lock 3" long; it is labeled "R" for right.
The sill mounted operator shown is for the left window, but I want the right operator (old right one missing). The arm is 9" long.
Can you order me the appropriate replacements for both? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01655.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01656.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01657.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01658.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01659.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your operator is a very old style that hasn't been made in years. You may be able to use a more modern part like our 39-027E and 39-028E as substitutes but I cannot guarantee that they will work. If they do, it would require some adaptation of the sill and sill trim due to the differences in the shape of the operator bases. 

As for your lock, it looks like it may be an older version of our 38-097 and 38-098. Your specific model has not been made in many years but the newer parts work just as well, regardless of the number of screw holes. The only catch is that you will need to replace the old keepers with the newer 38-079. Thake a look and see what you think. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.