Needs custom balances

A home owner from West Union SC says:

I need 3 balances. The damaged one has "swisco" and "34B" stamped on it. The window is 72 inches high. The balance appears to me to be a series 795 (my guess), but with a cable and hook on the end instead of what is shown on the series 795 picture on your web site. The balance is mounted with a cable reaching from the balance to the very top of the window with a hook on the end of the string. The attached pictures show the 9/16 inch channel, the hook and cable for the top of the window, and the bottom attachment. Can you make me 3 balances like that?

Aaron 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swisco window balance picture 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swisco window balance picture 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swisco window balance picture 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swisco window balance picture3.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to have these balances custom made for you but I'd like to confirm a few things before we get started. First, we recommend replacing the balances on both sides of the window to ensure that there is equal support on both sides to prevent damage to the balance or sash. To do that, you would need a custom order link for four balances. Also, the bottom attachment in your photo looks like the smaller 1" wide T-lock shoe, which would be the 15-194. Could you confirm? Thank you!

A home owner from West Union SC says:

You are correct. The bottom attachment is exactly 1 inch wide. The slot is 9/16 inch. Please change the order to four balances as you suggest. Thank you for the prompt response.

Aaron 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, we just sent over a custom order link and price quote for four replacement balances. Take a look and please let us know if you need anything else!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.