New cranks needed for windows

A quick learner from Indianapolis says:
I need to replace several cranks for some Anderson casement windows. Which replacement crank do I need to order? Is it the Stone 39-286 model? The home was built in 1971 and these are the original windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window crank.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The 39-286 might work for you, but this is a very old Andersen design that isn't made anymore, so I can't be certain. Remove the old crank handle and measure the hole that accepts the spline. If it has a 3/8" diameter, then the 39-286 might work.  

Note that if the entire operator has broken down though, you'll need to replace the whole mechanism. See if our 39-094 matches up. 

Another option would be to use our 39-365, but it will be a little tricky, since it uses a different track, the 39-504, that needs to be mounted to the bottom of the sash. I can't be sure, but maybe you can use your existing track with the 39-365 operator as long as the end bearing fits. I believe either operator will take some adapting to fit no matter what.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at