Not sure what length my balance is

A home owner from USA says:
Need to replace both channel balances on 34"w by 36"l Kinco windows. Unsure of actual length because bottom rusted away. Measures 34.5" into rusted area. Markings on side of balance say 34 2 K T CMC. Would this be a 34" or 35" Balance? Believe this is 350 series from your photos & .5" wide. It appears to have a 19-002 top and 15-004 shoe. Also Is there a video of how to install the balances. There is no small metal clip on side of window frame, just 2 small square holes about 1.5" apart about two thirds way from bottom of window.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Phillip. Based on your stamp, I would say that the balance is 35" long. If you have an undamaged balance that's identical, though, I would double check that just in case.

The metal clip may be our 16-002. Check it out.

Finally, we do, indeed, have a video on how to replace this kind of balance. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions!
A home owner from USA says:
Tom, appreciate your response, however, you did not address our issue:
there is no take out clip in our window, so what holds the balance in while we put in the window?
The video you referenced does not look like our window. There is no take out clip or place to put it in our window.
thanks Greg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Greg. Is your take up clip missing, or did your window never have one in the first place? If it's just missing, then check out our 16-002 and see if this could work for you as a replacement.

If not, then you'll have to get creative. We recommend drilling a hole into the jamb where the take-out clip would be and then installing a screw. The screw will work as a temporary take out clip, catching the balance and allowing you to pop the sash out. Then you can simply take it out when you're done.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)