Nuair Single Hung Window 1995 Channel Balance #K24S28

A quick learner from Palm Coast FL says:

Channel Balance K24S28 need qty 2

Nuair Single Hung Windows installed in 1995.

Channel Balance imprinted number on aluminum balance is # K24S28.

Thank you in advance.

Celia

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210620_100251.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210620_100441.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210620_100917.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210620_104724 (4).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210620_104733.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Celia!

We'd be happy to help, but we'll need to see both your top and bottom nylon fittings. I can only see the top fitting in your pictures, it looks like your bottom shoe is missing or not pictured. Check out the video below, it will go over exactly what we need to see in order to provide a recommendation. 

Hi Emily:

Sorry the delay to reply as was very busy with work.

I enclose all the new pictures taken of the two channel balances that were fallen to the bottom when we took them out. Meaning they were not still held on top as shown on the video start. The printed number on metal bar is:

k 24S28. Hope all the pictures shows what we need. Also we have one missing spring blade that goes on the window frame that once pulled out, holds the balance in spring metal balance bar in place.

Please quote me the less expensive way to replace the parts or the balance as if these replacements work in this window once done with the parts you will advise, Then I have 3 more widows to do same after this one.

Rgds,

Celia 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window part #1.jpg
Emily:

I forgot to give you the length of the metal aluminum bar is 25" and the printed number on it is k 24S28.
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Celia.

Thank you for the additional pictures! 

It looks like the wings on one of your bottom fittings might have been broken off. With this combination of attachments, you could have either an S380 or S385 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. You'll also need to remove and weigh your window sash to choose the appropriate spring strength option. There's a chart on the S380 and S385's product page that shows you which option you'll need based on the weight of your sash.

If you have any further questions just let us know! 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

The size is 1 3/32 see attached photo #10

Looks like the imprinted number provided is not good to identify the right one. The weight of the sash is 20 lbs looks like per chart the 16 to 23 lbs is the 2830.

Also please we need the little metal flange that goes on the window frame as shown in pc #9 enclosed below. If the other being old can break too and they sell separate please enclose 2 just in case.

Celia 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named #10 pic of window balance channel.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named #9.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

If your bottom attachment measures 1-3/32" then you'll need the S385. As for the metal flange, please see our 16-002 which is sold separately. 

Lets see if the two pic 11 and 12 show the nylon pieces you said I diodnlt photographed before. Please let me know..
Celia
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 11 window channel balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 12 channel balance window.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Celia. 

Did you see my post above? You could have either an S380 or S385 channel balance, depending on the depth of your bottom nylon shoe. If yours is 1-3/32" then you'll need the S385

Hi Emily:
thank you for the great help...I ordered the two channel balances and the clips by phone with George today 7/2/2021.

I ordered the S385 for 25" length metal bar and for 20 lbs sash. Plus the two take out clips 16-002

Thank you for your help...hopefully will be able to repair the window after parts arrive 7/8.

Thank you so much for your valued help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named spring 2020 blooming vine.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

We truly appreciate your business! If you have any future hardware questions, you know where to find us! 

Hi Emily:

We received the two channel balances as identified, advised and ordered and were successfully installed as per video instructions but looks like the sash does not engage them because seems to have the sash clips broken or maybe are the incorrect ones for the new channel balances advised. I enclose 4 photos of the top and bottom sash clips left now in the sash so please tell me what is wrong with them and with what sash clip I have to replace them now.

I look forward to your asap advise. If you identify what I need I will order 2 sets (for 2 windows)

Regards,

Celia 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210706_081225.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Other top sash clip .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named other bottom sash clip.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Celia. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. It looks to me that your top sash guides have broken; these are plastic (sometimes metal) clips that install on the top two corners of your sash and keep the balance in place. When these break, there's nothing to hold your balance down, so they shoot up to the top of the track.

The problem is that there are about a half million different top sash guides that are compatible with the balances that you purchased. I also can't quite determine what you have from a broken part. I'm thinking yours may be a match for our 18-166 but this is just an educated guess. The only way to know for sure is to carefully compare our dimensions and photos to your original to see how they line up. You definitely want to use an undamaged version as a reference.

Profile view of 18-166
Profile view of 18-166
Detail of 18-166
Detail of 18-166
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.