Numbers on balance

A home owner from Florida says:
I have the following information on my balance UNIQUE 28-4-40 are you able cross-reference this for me? I have also attached a picture of the broken blocks.

Lee
User submitted photo of channel blance stamps and inside parts
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos.

The balance stamp option you require is 2840. However, we will need to see images of the balance attachments, and the length of the channel, in order to determine the balance series.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Thanks for the help, We have established that I need a 2840. The metal channel length is 29". I am attaching 5 pictures of the end pieces that I removed and the guide. I have a lot of these to replace and want to be sure that I order the correct items.
User submitted photo of balance attachments and top guide
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for submitting your photos.

We have identified your channel balance replacement as the Swisco S380-29 Channel Balance with option 2840.

In order to help you determine a replacement top sash guide, we will need detailed measurements of your original. Please let us know if you have any questions.
A quick learner from Florida says:
I have attached another photo with some measurements. Please advise if other dimensions are needed.
user submitted photo of top sash guide with measurements
Profile picture of Paul
The Swisco 18-036 Top Sash Guide is the only one we currently offer that measures 1/2" in width. However, this particular top sash guide is often used with channel balances measuring 3/8" in width, not 9/16" (which is your Series 380).
A quick learner says:
Is it necessary to have the exact item or could you recommend an alternative that will work with my series 380? I am replacing the balances on all windows.
Profile picture of Paul
The 18-036 Top Guide should work with your application, however you will have to drill the top hole.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.