Old (1992) Marvin double hung balance replacement

A quick learner from Minneapolis Shoreview says:
Hello, having owned the house for 30+ years, I have the courage to fix my window now. So, I believe this is 27" 26HD stamp. In addition to the balance channel, what parts else I have to buy? I intend to replace as new as possible of the balance mechanism.
Second question: As you can see the installation of balance channel set is enclosed by wood strip from interior (2nd picture), How do I remove the whole thing like your video do? So I can work the object on table.

Charles
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Customers with Marvin balances like yours have been successful in replacing their damaged tilt ribbed balances with our Series 751 channel balance. The Series 751 comes with the 15-014 locking terminal at the end of the cord. You would need the S751-27 with a 26TG strength option for a sash weighing between 24-31 lbs. 

To replace them, you will raise the bottom sash up about six inches, tilt the sash in and twist it to release the bottom sash pivot bars from the terminal clips. Again, lower the top sash, tilt it in, and twist the sash to remove it. 

Next, carefully remove the vinyl jambs from the window wood frame. They are held in by the pressure the sashes put on them. Lay the jamb liner down and slide the broken balance out of the vinyl track. 

Remove the "S" clip from the balance and install it on the new balance. Now, slide the new balance down the track, keeping the 15-014 terminal clip from catching inside the track. Then, ook the "S" clip on the track and pull down the 15-014 terminal clip about six inches from the balance, and lock it in place. After you replace all the broken balances, re-install the jamb liners and sashes.

A quick learner from Minneapolis Shoreview says:
Thank you for quick response
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.