Old pivot bar removal

A quick learner from Chicago says:
I'm trying to replace all the parts on my old double hung windows. One problem is the pivot bars are so rusted that the screw heads are sheared off. Any thoughts on removing them?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200523_134916269.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200523_134906960.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I see you were looking at the 26-040. While it's certainly tough to tell from these pictures, if the basic shape and dimensions seem to align, I think this would be what you're looking for. See what you think. 

A quick learner from Chicago says:
It's not so much which pivot bar to use, but how to remove rusted ones when the screw heads are stripped off.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Soak the old pivot bars in WD-40 for several hours, maybe even overnight. Give it a try after that. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.