One balancer installed, right side has a blind surface, no anchor point

A quick learner from Brownsville, Texas says:

I got my two spiral balancers in, ((2) S400-30 : 30" Series 400 Spiral Balance)I was able to install the left one on my General Aluminum non-tilt window, but the right side has no anchor point. I am attaching a picture of the underside. I have tried to pull, push and twist, but to no avail.

I hope you can shed some light on my issue.

Thank you.

Rafael

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Sash Picture.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rafael. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a problem. The good news is that we do sell a ton of different anchor points that may work for you, which you can see here. As you can see there are several different sizes and styles, so you'd have to remove the original to confirm the best match.

That brings us to the bad news. These parts aren't designed to come out in any way. Not only that, but the sash isn't made to come out, either. I think the window manufacturer would rather you buy an all new window than just one tiny little part. More money for them, but more of a hassle for the homeowner. I really hate these windows for that reason.

There is a way to remove the sash and, by effect, the anchor point, but it's going to be a huge project. You'll have to disassemble the entire window frame. I'm talking about taking it out of the wall of your house. It's a lot. Whatever you decide to do moving forward, I recommend contacting a local professional to come out and do it for you. If they're really good, maybe they can sneak this part out without taking apart the window, but I'm not optimistic. I've tried it myself in the past and I've never been successful. These windows just aren't made to work that way.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.