PROVIA VINYL DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW REPLACEMENT PARTS

A handy person from USA says:
Good Morning,

I'm having a repairman fix older Vinyl Double Hung Windows that unfortunately have been discontinued.

I was lucky enough to have been given some spare Provia parts that are working well as substitutes for the

Originals but I'm having trouble finding more of the same parts to finish my remaining windows. I was able to

find Part Numbers on the spring slides ? possible Part # on the pivot Bars, but no numbers on the Balance Shoes.

Please see my attached pictures with as much info as I can supply.

Need 4 Each of 21" Spring Slide Assy.? Part Number 21C HP5 CMC34 (see picture with front & side view)

Need 4 Each of 17" Spring Slide Assy. ? Part Number 17C JP5 CMC37 (see picture with front & side view)

Need 52 Each of Pivot Bar ? Possible Part Number / Stamping A57 ? Approximately 2-7/8" Long

(see attached picture with front / back / side view)

Need 46 Each Balance Shoe ? No Part Number Available ? Approx. 2-1/2" Tall, 1-1/4" Wide, ½" Thick, the

Slot opening in Metal Circle = 3/16". See picture with front, back, top & bottom.

Pleas note that dimensions are approximate, I used a tape measure so it's not dead on.

Please see if you can possibly identify the parts and if you can, provide me with the correct part number, price

And availability of the items.

Thanks very much,

I appreciate the help,

Brad
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4815.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4816.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4817.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Brad. If I'm looking at your photos correctly, then your balances need to be custom made. That might explain why you can't find them anywhere. However, I want to be 100% sure. If possible, please show me a clear picture of the bottom end, top end, and the clip at the end of the cord. 

In the meantime, see our 26-405 pivot bar and then either our 15-129 or 15-135 pivot shoe.

A handy person from USA says:
Hi Tom, Thanks for getting back to me. When I sent you the original Pictures, I used the Brand Name Provia. They could possibly be an older Brand, Sugarcreek. Please see my attached additional pictures and get back to me if you need more info. FYI - The Brass Metal Hooks shown at the ends of the pieces were shipped loose and had to be clipped on.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4830.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4831.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4832.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4833.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! This definitely has to be a custom order. Basically, this is a match for our Series 770, but while ours installs with a screw at the top, yours installs using a hook that connects to a rivet. What we'll be doing is installing a rivet into our Series 770 here at the shop before we send these out to you.

I'll email you two purchase links right now, one for each size, and you can use those to add them to your cart. Note that these balances won't include the shoes or pivot bars that you requested, those will have to be added to your cart separately.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.