Pivot Bar and Screws

I purchased:
2 S900-13 Sprial Balance, wrong size
2 Installation Screws, wrong size
8 26-040 3" Pivot Bars, doesn't work, only has one screw, need 2

Please see attached photo and advise.

Thank you,
Bonnie
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bonnie. We can help, but we will need to go over each detail. Let's start with the balance.

It looks like you have the thicker 9/16" diameter balance tube, when you ordered the smaller 3/8" tube. Is that what you mean when you said it was the wrong size? Either way, I recommend our Series 600 instead of the Series 900 balance. Also make sure that you are ordering the correct color tip. I recommend weighing your sash on a scale and referring to the chart we have on the S600-13 store page to be absolutely sure.

Let's look at the pivot bar, next. I can't say exactly what you need based on just the length. The more important measurements are the width and height, as well as the spacing of the installation holes. That said, our 26-068 looks like it might be a better match. Carefully go over each measurement we show to confirm.

Let's go over the screws, next. Neither the 26-068 nor S600-13 come with screws, and it's kind of tricky recommending ones that will match. I recommend taking your old screws to a local hardware store and having them match them up. They should be able to get you exactly what you need to install both the balance and pivot bar.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.