Window parts for you to examine and identify

A home owner from New York says:
I have returned various window parts due to incorrect product selection. To further assist me, I would like to ship samples of my broken window parts for someone to examine and then tell me exactly what I need for proper replacement. Please advise how I can do this.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks so much for posting and sending us your sample. 

For the window T-Slot foam seal, you can use our 58-183

For the ten lbs. sash you will need two of our 15-191 pivot shoes, two of our 15-150S new style coil spring covers and two of the S160-5 coil springs. 

For the 16 lbs. sash, you will need two of our 15-191, two of the 15-150D, and four of our S160-4 coil springs. 

For the 20 lbs. sash, you will need two #15-191, two of our 15-150D new style dual coil spring covers and four of the S160-5 coil springs. I also attached a media guide to this page which should help you as well.

Get back to us if you have any questions! 

A quick learner from NY says:
Dave: I tried using the 58-183, There is a circular notch at the end of the sash to allow for complete engagement, and I keep pressure on that spot continuously but when I get about 1/2 way down the window it just seems to pop right out as if the T slot is not wide enough... Thoughts??
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what it is you're describing. Can you show me a picture of the circular notch in question? Can you show me a picture of the seal coming out of the slot? Our 58-183 matched the size of your sample, if memory serves, I'm not sure why you would be running into this issue.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.