Pat.# 5353548

A contractor from Kentucky says:
The window size is 27.5''x37.5''. The window is a Traco window and I believe they are out of business. Google got me to here using the Pat.# 5353548. Can you help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW BALANCE.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW BALANCE 2.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The balance system Traco used for your window consists of the 16-024 mounting bracket, a 15-087 coil housing pivot, and a Series 180 coil spring. You need to match the spring weight code currently printed on the old spring when ordering the Series 180. Please look these parts over and see what you think. 

It also looks like your tilt latches are damaged. With that in mind, I'd suggest the 26-243 and 26-244. Review their specs to verify that they match.

Thanks for the information. I went back over to inspect the window. I was able to pull the coil balance out. Written on it was 6 42T. I hope that help identify the poundage. I looks like we need a new coil housing, coil balance, the mounting bracket, and the tilt latch on the left side of the window (viewed from the interior).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0505 (002).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I believe that indicates a 6 pound coil with a 42" travel range. Our S180-6 carries 6 pounds and has a travel of 40", though I don't think being 2" of will be the end of the world. 

Great. Can you get all these items on a ticket that I can order and pay for? Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I cannot place an order for you here, but you can add these products to your cart at your convenience using the links supplied above. You can also call our phone operators at (888) 991-1929 and they can place the order for you, if you'd prefer.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.