Pat. # 5.737.877

A handy person from Puerto Rico USA says:
Hello !! I have been looking at your videos for a substitute, but due to the shoe size limitations on newer balance models, I decided to write you for your opinion.
I currently have three windows in my apartment, but this building has over 60 apartments with the same problem. Each apartment has 8 windows.
Please advice. Thank you !!.....Nef.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230425_151841.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230425_151820.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230425_151728.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230419_181316.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230419_181150.jpg
Balance length : 26 1/2 inches
Shoe size 3/8 X 15/16 inches
Aluminum frame to run shoe :1 in X 3/8

Weight 15.4 pounds
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your old-style crossbow balances are no longer available but you may be able to convert your windows to use the S795 channel balances by following the video below as long as your balance spring measures 1/2" in diameter. Since you have the more narrow show, you would need the 15-194 t-lock shoe for your replacements. Take a look and see what you think. Thanks for posting! 

Good morning and thank you for your quick reply.

In order to evaluate the Series 795 balance as a substitute for the discontinued Series 850, I need more information about the dimensions of the 795-26, as indicated in my attached photo.

Thank you for your help,

Nef.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230428_083328.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

The metal channel of the S795-26 measures 26" long and 9/16" wide, though it's considered 1/2" wide in the trade. You are welcome to review all of the specifications of this assembly directly on our product page. 

Hello again.
If you look at your product page for S795-26, the description is missing one dimension. It refers the overall length of 26 inches long, and 9/16 wide, but the other dimension ( deep) is not illustrated or described.

Is it 9/16 by 9/16 ?
Please look at my last photo.

Sincerely,

Nef.
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, you are correct that the depth of the channel is the same as the width. As long as the spring of your old-style crossbow balance measures 1/2" in diameter, this would be the best available replacement option.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.