Patio Door Lock

A home owner from Sunrise, FL says:
nw1720-1 Taiwan
nw1720-2 Taiwan
nw1720-3 Taiwan
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I can't narrow down these codes to any specific part. Do you have pictures you can show of the patio door lock? That would help narrow down the possibilities. 

A home owner from Sunrise, FL says:
Here are some photos of the door. I can't seem to find anything even close to the keeper I have.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0385.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0388.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0390.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0391.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Wow, this is a weird one. I'm afraid neither Bob nor I have ever seen anything like this. I don't suppose you see any other markings on your door that may imply a manufacturer? Check for a kind of metallic AAMA sticker. If we can see that, maybe we can ID who made it.

Even then, there's no guarantee we can find this. I'm going to forward this to our colleague Dave, who has a lot more experience with patio glass doors than we do. He may have come across this before. Please bear with us a little longer. Thank you!

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! Thanks for your patience. It's been a busy summer.

To me, your keeper looks similar to our 89-031. This was used on Yale-Ogron patio doors. The handle for that door isn't made anymore though. 

You may want to consider a mounted replacement handle like our 82-005, or maybe the 82-261B with a face plate. These just screw directly to the door and use their own independent locking system, so they're pretty adaptable, but your door is so old that I don't know if the frame can accommodate all their hardware.

Either way, those are our best options. I'm sorry we can't get you anything closer.

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.