Patriot Series 2000 Windows

A quick learner from West Seneca, NY says:
Ryan Homes built my home in 1999 and used the Patriot Single Hung Series 2000 Windows. The label on the window states:
Mfr stipulates conformance to NFRC100/200/300/301
Code: PAT-086
Spec NFRC
Series NC1800
MST 4060
PAT-086-U107-87
My window will not go up anymore the spiral balance with red tip broke off the bottom plastic foot. Is that what I would need to replace? I can not measure the size of the balance rod as you can see by the picture they are covered by a piece that I can not get off - unless you have a suggestion on how to do without wrecking the window? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
User submitted photos of their Patriot window spiral balance and pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

It is a little hard to tell from your pictures but it looks like the pivot lock shoe is broken. It looks like the metal part of the pivot lock shoe is missing.

If the spiral balance is still in working condition and the balance tip is not broken you will only need to replace the pivot lock shoe.

Can you confirm that only the pivot lock shoe is broken? It may help comparing a working window to the window you are having trouble with.
A quick learner from West Seneca, NY says:
I believe it's only the pivot lock shoe that is broken. I have taken pictures of one of my good window and then of the broken pieces along with pictures of the broken window. Hopefully that will help...
User submitted photo of other pivot shoe with metal piece.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Compare the measurements of your original pivot shoe to the 15-046 Pivot Shoe.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.