Patriot Window Parts

A home owner from Bristol, RI says:

Hi,

My kitchen window is Patriot Window (see the attached picture). Now the lock handle of the right panel (see the other photo) has fallen out, so I cannot unlock then open the right-side window. Could you please help me get the right parts to fix the problem?

In the past, the company mailed me another part of the window. There is a description on that package: Patriot Windows/ 4500 SERIES OPW ROTO GEAR OPER. I wish this information may help to identify the window model. (By the way, that company is no longer doing Patriot Windows/parts.)

Thank you.

Yanjun 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0715.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0717.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Yanjun,

Thanks for reaching out to us for this repair! I think we may be able to help, but not quite yet. We'll need to see a photo of the lock removed from the window. You can get a better idea of your options here.

Hi Kathleen:

Thank you so much for your help. The window (problemed right-side) is in a locked stage. I cannot remove the lock from the window unless I get help from a professional person to take it out then place it back and lock the window for the house safety. So I take the pictures of another part of the window, which the company mailed me years ago. This part was described as Patriot Windows/ 4500 SERIES OPW ROTO GEAR OPER on the package. I hope it may be helpful to identify the lock.

Regards,

Yanjun

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0723.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0724.jpg
Hi Kathleen,

In order to provide you with more information about the kitchen window, I attach the photo of the opened left-panel that is functional now. I hope this photo will be more helpful to identify the lock for the right-panel. Thank you again.

Yanjun Chen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0725.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Looking at your lock first, consider our 38-058L and 38-058R, or maybe our Truth brand 38-091 and 38-092

As for trying to open the window with the broken lock, try pushing the broken lever back into the lock body to open the window. Sometimes that works. If not, then I highly recommend having a local professional come out and look at your window. This won't be an easy project and will likely require cutting the lock off. You definitely want a pro to do it for you.

Finally, for your operator, you have the older "rectangular" type that had metal bearing at the end. These aren't made anymore but take a look at the 39-365 with the more oval type body. We also carry the 39-205 handle. 

Compare these parts to yours and let me know what you think.

Hi Dave Sr,

Thank you for your reply. It is helpful.

The trobled window is in the locked position now. I do not need to open it until I get the right parts to fix it by a professional worker.

So the first step is to find the right new parts to replace the broken parts. In order to identify the pars to be replaced, I added two more photos today to see the problem - the lock handle of the right-side panel (looking from the inside of the room) fell out while the left-side panel is working. Please see the new attached photos (two) and the first two photos in the previous submissions. The other three photos in the previous submissions just for assistance to identify the window model. In other words, the operator of the window has no problem now.

I looked at your 38-058R, it seems close to the right-side lock handle of my window but not the same. Could you please check the new photos I submitted and let me know if this part 38-058R can be used to replace the broken lock handle of my window? Thank very much.

Sincerely,

Yanjun

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0726.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0727.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that these photos don't tell us what lock you have. Seeing the base is helpful, but it's only half the story; seeing the locking arm/fork/tab (whatever it may be) is equally important. As long as your locks are in the window, we can't see that detail, which means we won't be able to recommend a close match. 

Hi,
I sent a message to you with 4 photos on 10/10/2019 and the submission was confirmed by your website. But now I see the message with the photos were all removed while the earlier messages/photos above are still shown. I don't know what happened to the new message/photos. I am waiting for the answer if the photos I uploaded on 10/10/19 helpful or not.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we haven't yet received photos. I apologize for the convenience. You can try uploading them again and we will review them ASAP.

In the meantime, you can carefully review the photos for our 38-092 and 38-091, as well as our 38-058L and 38-058R, to see how well they compare to your current lock. We have detailed pictures and measurements that you can use as a reference.

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.