Patriot Window balance line broke

A home owner from Brigantine, NJ says:
Attached are the images of the stickers from 2 Patriot windows in our house. The balance string broke on each one. I was told by Ply Gem that you have parts for these windows and that these stickers somehow indicate the weight of the windows. Does this help or do you need pictures of the windows also?
We now have about 6 windows to fix. Please help!
Thanks,
Ken
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we cannot determine what the weight of your window is based on your stickers. The only way to figure that out is to remove the sash from the window and place it on a scale. As for the balance, I would need to see pictures of it removed from the window entirely, though many Patriot windows use our Series 795 channel balance. Is this a match?
I have attached some pictures. Perhaps you can determine if your parts can be used on my Patriot windows. I have a picture of the balance still in the frame. How do I remove it from the frame?
Also, when the string broke on the balance, the balance must have shot upward and broke off the latch used to disconnect the window from the frame. Picture included. I need one of these also. Hope this helps. Thanks! Next will be, if you have the parts, how do I replace the broken ones?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Yes, it appears our Series 795 is our best match. Check it out and see what you think. As for removal, it is very simple. See the video below to get a general idea (the balance featured in the video is different, but the principle remains the same).
As for the tilt latch, see our 26-243 and 26-244 for possible replacements.
Hi, I received my order and replace the Patriot balances with the new ones I received. The windows move better now than originally probably because I noticed that the replacement balance springs are longer than the original Patriot balances. In any case, thank you very much for your help!

I do have a question. We had another window where only one of the balances broke (actually it is the "foot" that broke). The strange thing is now the window moves up and down more easily. Does this make sense? I guess the window is getting less resistance because there is only one balance?

Thanks again!
Ken
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, great, I'm so glad it worked out. As for this other window, you can leave it alone for now, but be careful. Later on when the other balance breaks, the window sash will slam down.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)