Patriot Window replacement parts

A home owner from Atglen, PA says:

Our house was new in 2001. We have a number of inoperable single hung Patriot windows. I do not know the Model of the windows. The major problem is the Block and Tackle Rod Balances are broken. Currently we have a total of 11 windows that are not working properly - 9 with the bottom tilt in pane that measures 31-3/4" high and 31-1/2" wide and 2 with the bottom pane that measures ~38" high and ~32' wide. The Block and Tackle Rod Balances on a number of our ~38" high and ~31" wide windows were replaced by Patriot back in 2003.

For replacements I would prefer to use channel balances if possible. I am very leary of using the block & tackle balances. The block and tackle balances I had were junk and, in my opinion, failed prematurely. Are the Series 795 balances a suitable replacement? If so, could you recommend which ones I need to get for both size windows? I still have some operable Block and Tackle Rod Balances for the 31-3/4" high and 31-1/2" wide windows but not for the ~38" high and ~32' wide windows. The replacement channel balances for the ~38" high and ~32' wide windows are marked "36B BSI RR". Would you be able to cross reference that channel balance with one you sell? We need to replace a few of the pivot bars. The ones in the windows look like they are an exact match to your model 26-318 2-1/2" Pivot Bar. The original pivot bars have worked with the replacement balances. Would it be correct to assume these pivot bars would work with the replacement balance you recommend?We also need to replace some of the window latches. Your model 26-244 and 26-243 look like they match what we have. Please advise. Thank you.
A user submited photo of window parts
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting. First, let's address the pivot bar. I agree that the 26-318 is a close match. Just make sure that all the dimensions are the same, that's the most important part!

As for the balance, you are correct, the Series 795 can replace this old crossbow balance, which is no longer made. These channel balances are definitely sturdier and should hold up better as well! The video below shows everything you need to account for. Take a look and see what you think.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.