Peachtree B.S.I 3054 balance

A home owner from Tryon, North Carolina says:
Not sure of the weight of the windows. Need 4 balances.
Windows are 3 over 3 with double solid panes, lower. Balance is about 23.5 inches long by .5 wide.

Window measures approx. 26x27 inches.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your inquiry. Have you seen our Series 745 channel balance? Do you think that might match? Let me know!
A home owner from Tryon, North Carolina says:
What stamp option do I need?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. For a 23.5" Series 745 channel balance, please look at our S745-23. Now, for the option, looking at your stamp of 3054, I believe this will translate to the 22.25-3 stamp option. A pair of S745-23 balances with the 22.25-3 stamp option can carry a window sash weight range of 13 through and including 19 pounds.

If you aren't quite certain, you can always weigh your window sash and double check.

Please keep in mind that the weight range capacity information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate
A quick learner from New York says:
I also have the 3054 stamp on my Peachtree balance. I notice that I have to go by the stamp or weight of the window to choose the correct balance.

My question is this: since almost all the balances broke in my windows, would it be beneficial to purchase one weight size up? In other words, instead of getting the balance for the 13 through 19 lb weight could I get the 20 to 23 lb and get better performance and they will last longer??
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
A stronger spring may not necessarily work better. They could actually make your window harder to operate.

How old are your balances? Did they always work poorly or is this a recent thing? Also, how heavy is your sash? Keep in mind that the life span of this kind of balance is around ten years.
A quick learner from New york says:
Thanks for the quick reply Tom. I did not think of the fact the springs would be stronger and the window may not be as easy to open.

House was built in 1988. We are the original owners and most of our windows do not stay open. Either broken springs or cords in most of them so I will be in the process of removing them and ordering them from your company. Many sizes of windows so this will take a while. So glad you have the parts I need! Thanks again!
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.