Peachtree Spring Balance

A home owner from Binghamton, NY says:

I need to replace Spring balances in Peachtree Non-Tilt Double Hung windows installed in 1986. Unit in photo 1 without any plastic parts at either end matches your S745 parts which your webpage indicates are for Single Hung window. Can I use these in my Double Hung?

Other photos show front & backside of both ends. Pulley end includes black string plug attached; backside has small bump of metal and is stamped "3054 1" followed by a small "J". My window inside of my jambs is about 28"x52". Bottom sash spring is 23.25"x0.5" and top sash spring 23"x0.5". Bottom sash weighs about 18lbs; I assume top sash weighs about same. I think your S745-23 option 22.25-3 should work for my window?

Backside of other end shows teeth where spring is wedged into channel.

On my Peachtree double hung windows the plastic plug that holds the balance string in the jamb is NOT attached with a screw but just pushed into a hole. Some have pulled out of the jamb over the years.

Is that acceptable when replacing the spring balances to just push in the plug?

If not, do you sell the appropriate screws to attach the plug? Or know what size screw to use.

Thanx.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Backside Small Bump and stamp 3054 1 J.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Peachtree Balance Spring 23inchxHalfInch.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

For your Peachtree balance, you'll want the S745-23 channel balance with a spring strength of 22.25-3 for a sash weighing between 13-19 lbs. Thank you!

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.