Pennco window

A home owner from Nashville hville says:

Help! Channel balance? Part with spring is broken.

The metal part is 34" long

05/2 Unique 33-D-40

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D006ADFE-C52A-4020-9281-3BD7687DE56F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6C72325C-04CC-466C-998A-1C3EEF4D7941.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B7794D5B-CC2F-41E1-B753-F095E40A9A48.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6123CB33-F0BE-4EDA-BF53-D1AD1245C4F3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49817872-898C-40F2-AF57-A232CFD73850.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid that the company that made your 34" Pennco balance is no longer in business. The good news is that we can offer a replacement balance that will work the same way, but it will have to be a custom order.

Specifically, we'll be using our S770-34 but with the bottom clip swapped out for our 62-105 hook. Does that look good to you? We'll also be using our 34C stamp for sashes weighing 22 through 27 pounds. I recommend that you weigh your sash to confirm that this is correct.

If this information is acceptable, please let me know how many you need. I will have my colleague Tom email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

A home owner from Nashville hville says:
I would need two of these, one for each side. I would need clips and the shoes. Any other parts needed?

This is a bottom half tilt window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! I'll go ahead and have Tom send you an order link for 2 of these balances now. The shoe looks like a match for our 15-208, which is sold separately. As for other parts you may need, it depends on what's broken. You'll have to look over your window to see if anything else is damaged and in need of replacement.

A quick learner from Georgetown, KY says:
I have the same part number listed in this question, 05/2 UNIQUE 33-D-40.
Can you please send me a quote for 6 of the custom balances described in the answer above?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, that's no issue at all. I'll go ahead and email you a purchase link that will allow you to add 6 of these to your cart. You may then checkout as normal. Just make sure to check your length and sash weight before you buy anything; the metal channel on the balance we're making will be 34" long and will be using the 34D stamp, which carries 27 through 32 pounds.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.