Pennco window balance and tilts

A contractor from Middletown Delaware says:

I need to replace the balance and tilts on two windows (4 of each needed) for a customer.

Their pennco windows house built in 2000 in Middletown delaware. I believe Ryan homes built the development if rhats helps at all

I have more photos and the old parts if you need more information from them

Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5806.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5809.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5810.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5811.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5815.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Tom. I think I can help, but these balances will have to be specially made due to their configuration. You have an older type that isn't made anymore, you see, but we can fashion something that works the same way from various parts we carry.

Specifically, I think we will be using our Series 770 plain channel balance, but we'll be swapping that terminal clip out for our 62-105 hook. Does that look good to you? If you're interested, let me know the stamp printed on the metal channel, the length of the metal channel, and the exact weight of the sash they support. We need the sash weight since your old spring was probably calibrated a little differently than our Series 770. We'll have to suss that out on our end. Please be as precise as possible.

Once I have that information, I'll email you an order link and price quote for 4.

As for the pivot shoe, I'm confident that our 15-208 will work for you.

The back of the balance says unique 30-c-30
Ill have to go back to the customers house and weigh the sash. But for now whats the cost and lead-time?
Need asap

Thanks
Tom
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I'm still not sure about the length of the metal channel, but based on the stamp I'm thinking it might be our S770-31, which is 31" long. You may also need our 31C option for this balance, which supports sashes weighing 19 through 24 pounds.

This is an educated guess, but I'm going to email you an order link and price quote right now for 4 of these. They'll all have that 62-105 hook attached. 

I highly recommend confirming the metal channel length and sash weight to be 100% sure these are right. Custom balances cannot be returned for a refund, so if this information is not accurate then there's nothing we can do about it. If the metal channel length and sash weight differ in any way, please tell us ASAP and we can whip up a new order link for you.

Profile picture of Tom

Great, if the length is 31" then all you need to do is confirm that the sash falls between that weight range I mentioned above. If it does then you should be good to go.

The price does not include the 15-208 pivot shoe. That part is sold separately.

Length is 31"
I saw the price. Does the price include the plastic tilt part 15-208?
I need four of the pivit shoes and im going in about an hour to weigh the window sash
Thanks
The shash weigh is 20.5lbs
Whats the total cost for pivit pieces and balance with shipping?
How long will it take to get them?
Profile picture of Tom

Great, then the stamp I picked out will work. I already emailed you an order link and price quote, so check your email to make sure you got it. That will allow you to add the custom balances to your cart and continue to shopping for standard parts as over.

We should have everything in stock so delivery time will depend on what shipping option you choose during checkout. We have multiple options.

Will the hook be attached to the balance when I receive he order? If not can they be?
Can you please semd me a link so i can order all the parts on one order
Thanks
Tom
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, the hook will be attached to the balance. That's why it's a custom order. All of our balances, custom or otherwise, come fully assembled and ready to install out of the box. No assembly necessary.

Looks like I emailed you the order link yesterday. That will allow you to add the custom balance to your cart as if it were a normal part. You can then continue shopping for whatever else you need as normal.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.