Pennco window sash spring/balance

A home owner from Franklin, TN says:

Hello

I'm looking for a replacement part to fix one of my Pennco windows; the sash can't stand in the up position because 1 of the springs/balance is broken (see pictures attached).

Would you have one of those for sale ?

Thanks,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8203.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8204.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8206.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm almost positive we can supply this balance to you. Before  I can make a recommendation, though, I'd like to see a picture of whatever hook or clip is at the end of the cord. That will be the determining factor

If you have an undamaged version of this balance you can use for the new photo, that would be ideal. That way we can pick out anything else that may be missing from this one that we might not realize.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply, see attached additional pictures:
- the simple hook is meant to attach to the window sash
- the other picture is the mechanism inside the balance, attached to the spring (this is the part that broke)
Hope this helps !
Best regards,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8216.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8217.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

It does, thank you! I believe this balance will have to be a custom order. It looks like a match for our Series 770, but with a 62-105 hook at the bottom of the cord instead of the usual terminal clip it comes with.

Does that look good to you? Like I said, this will have to be a custom order, so we need a bit more information. First, I need to know the stamp printed on the metal channel and the length of the metal channel itself. I will also need to know how many you need. 

Once I have that information, I'll email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Hello,
The stamp printed on the metal channel says 33C.
The metal channel is 34" long.
I only need 1 part.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Best regards,
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thank you! So, I believe the 34C option we use on the S770-34 will work for you. Two balances with this option can carry  22 through 27 pounds. You may want to weigh your sash on a scale just to be 100% sure that's accurate.

We can also supply 2 as a minimum, since this is a custom order. I hope that's okay.

Assuming it is, I'll send that order link and quote to your email right now.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.