Picking out the right window part

A handy person from indiana says:

My name is Joe, and I need a little help picking the right item from you guys.

I'm hoping you can let me know which plunger pin would be the best to use on our old screens. I'm going to attach a picture of the holes and window frame.

The frame is around 3/4" wide where the pin would go through as you can see in the photo. The hole itself is around 1/8" on the inside of the frame and closer to 1/4" on the outside edge of the frame. I'm looking for something simple to do the job of holding them in place.

Would 70-195 work? If not let me know which I need. I have 13 windows, so I would need 26 pins in total.


User submitted photo of their window screen.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi Joe, thanks for posting an image of your window screen. What you need is a 'pull pin'. What is nice about a pull pin is that it will allow you to easily install and remove the window screen from the master window frame. Take a look at the 70-008 plunger pin, I believe this is the size you will need.

Also, take a look at this discussion that includes a video on how to install a plunger pin in your window screen frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.