Pics of old broken coil window balances

A quick learner from San Marcos. CA says:
Hi: I already ordered parts S 140-20 x2 and 26-398 x2. Not exactly like my old ones. Here are pictures of my old ones. Can you advise what I need?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please see our 15-177 pivot shoe and Series 152 coil spring. These appear to match what you had originally. You will need the number printed on your old coil spring to confirm the best Series 152 option.
A quick learner from San Marcos CA says:
There are no numbers or markings on my old parts. What I really need to know is what do you have that will match my old plastic coil balance support, the white plastic cover that screws into the jamb?
Profile picture of Tom
I believe you can use our 15-144. These stack on top of each other, just like the coil springs.

Since you do not have a number on your old spring, we'll need to know the weight of your sash and exactly how many springs are used on each side of the sash.
A quick learner from San Marcos Ca says:
As my photos show, I have double coils on a single hung window. One double coil balance on each side of the window. The sash is about 20 pounds. I am attaching the balance supports I want so if you could show me one closer to this picture? And still need to know what size coil? My old one measures 3/8 of an inch wide. Thanks again!
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid we don't have a coil support like the one you have in your picture. At least, not one that can work with the hardware I mentioned above.

If your sash is 20 pounds, and you use four springs per sash, you would just divide that among the springs. In your case, you'd want four S152-5 coils, each of which can carry 5 pounds.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.