Pivot Bar

A home owner from Oak Orchard De says:
2 of these broke somehow in my ViWinco double hung new construction window. I've seen similar ones but none this size
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lUDytjACQE6+pGzb7DwgkQ.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us! We may be able to replace this pivot bar, but I had a few questions I wanted to ask before I recommend anything. First, can you confirm the distance between the center of the first screw to the front tip of the pivot bar? Could you also show me a picture of the pivot shoe to which this connects? I'm hoping those details can help us find an functional match.

In the meantime, consider our 26-449. This was the first part I thought of when I saw your photo, but our dimensions don't match. Look it over and see if you think you may be able to get it to work regardless.

A home owner from Oak Orchard De says:
the 26-449 looks exactly what I need except that the dimensions are substantially different - especially the head size. Here's another pic showing the measurements just like your pic on the website.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gqsmvmiFSISnfty3B+sPKQ.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we couldn't find anything in this style with those same dimensions. Looking through our records, we've actually seen this exact pivot bar numerous times, but no customer who showed it to us ever gave dimensions as comprehensive as yours. It seems my colleagues recommended the 26-449 in each case, but there is no confirmation as to whether that worked for the customers in question. Based on your information, I'm not optimistic.

I'm going to throw a bit of a Hail Mary at you. Consider our 26-443. This has a hole center placement at 1-1/4" from the tip, which is vital. The tip is slightly different, but I believe this style tip is made to fit the same kind of pivot shoe cam as your own (shoes like our 15-129 or 15-135, for example). To confirm, you could show me a photo of your pivot shoe. That'd give me a better idea.

There's also a matter of the vertical screw tab, but to be honest I don't know how essential that is. If that absolutely needs to be utilized then it's going to be a big problem. I don't think we'll have anything that will work. If you can safely ignore it, however, and assuming your pivot shoe is the appropriate design, then I think the 26-443 is a strong contender.

Let me know your thoughts.

How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.