Pivot Lock Shoe

A landlord from Baltmore says:
I am looking for replacement pivot lock shoes. The shoe is 2-1'8" tall. I have not tried to remove the shoe(s) yet, but the channel dimensions are 1-1/4' wide x 1/2" deep. I would like to speak with someone as I damaged these shoes while attempting to remove the sash to replace the balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3663.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3664.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3665.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3666.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

The only 1/2" thick pivot shoe we carry in this style is our 15-046 but you really should remove the original to get more accurate dimensions. It's hard to measure a pivot shoe while it's still in the track just because of how much of it is obscured. I'm afraid our department doesn't make or take calls. I can only respond right here on this page; I hope that's okay! 

If your pivot shoe is in the locked position, you'll need to use a slotted screwdriver to rotate the cam and raise the shoe to remove it. See our video below.

A landlord from Baltmore says:
Pivot Lock Shoe dimensions (actual post removal) are 2.06" H x 1.23" W x .53" D
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3678.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3683.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3685.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It looks like the thickness is 17/32" so we recommend the 15-015 pivot shoe. The height isn't critical and most pivot shoes are either 1" wide or 1-1/4" wide, so you should be fine.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.