Pivot Shoe Removal Question

A quick learner from NJ says:
I have some Silverline 1000 series double hung windows that I would like to replace the pivot shoes. I ordered your Jamb Spreaders and Spiral balance charging tool. Now upon closer inspection, it looks like I have what looks like your Series 765 balance in the window. What tool do I need to remove the pivot shoe? Obviously, the charging tool isn't for this type of balance. I've looked at your various videos on your website (which are very helpful), but I could not find one that dealt with a non-spiral balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You're right, you don't need a charging tool. Removing these balances is pretty simple, fortunately. First, tilt in the window sash and, with needle-nose pliers, gently pull down the balance to unhook it form the shoe. Unscrew the balance at the top and you should be free to remove it.

Then, you just need to follow the instructions in the video below to remove the shoe. Reverse the process to replace your hardware.
A quick learner from NJ says:
OK, it was as simple as it sounds. I was able to remove the hook on the channel balance from the pivot shoe with a needle nose pliers. Used your jamb spreaders to remove the pivot shoe from the channel and replaced the broken pivot bar on the sash. Was able to fix a number of broken windows. Tenant is happy now, so I'm happy! To make it simple for other home owners that have older Silver Line double hung windows, here is a list of the parts I used:
Window: Silver Line
Series: 1000DH
Type: Double Hung

26-412 : Flared Pivot Bar, 2-1/2"
15-046 : Pivot Shoe, 1/2" Thick
75-069 : Jamb Spreaders

Thank you for the help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)