Pivot bar

A handy person from Fishkill, NY says:

I'm looking for t-shaped pivot bar for my mother's vinyl replacement windows (Insulsash brand?).

It has "6221" cast into the long arm.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9BA5C696-5236-48A4-A7B5-94DDB495872C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3A81138E-836D-455E-8B28-971645EE6B01.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Tom. I have seen this pivot bar before, but I'm sorry to say that we've never been able to locate a good replacement. The only thing we carry that may work is our 26-326, but we have never received confirmation that it will work and I cannot guarantee it. I am sorry that we can't be of more help.

A handy person from Fishkill, NY says:
Thanks Tom.

I don't think that one will work. On mine, the long arm screws to the bottom of the sash, while the vertical piece doesn't really do anything. Do you think a long pivot bar without the vertical leg might work? If so, which one (there are so many!)?

Thanks again!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I don't think this Schuco window pivot bar is made anymore. If the 26-326 doesn't work, then perhaps the 26-089 can. It doesn't have a top leg but you should still be able to screw in the top side screw into the frame to hold the sash together.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)