Pivot bar holder and tilt latch actuator

A quick learner from Riverdale Park, MD says:
I have windows with an internal tilt latch where many of the actuators are failing and need replacement. I tried part #26-234 and it's not correct. I also have a rusted out pívot bar that I can't remove from the internal holder. I'm wondering if you have the replacement holder. I already bought replacement pívot bar (item 26-089)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EACADDFE-2382-4DD2-8923-89666A45245D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8F9F2C1E-F631-4F47-8BF4-75E8ED1FE329.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5356CABB-B454-4E1E-979F-E862503A8650.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4CCE9084-C0AA-43A7-9C28-9B70A628A82D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CEAB0A8B-2235-49BE-A015-69902104FC23.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! I don't recognize the parts you have here, but we do sell many that are similar. Hopefully we can get something for you in each case.

Starting with the actuator, can you tell me exactly how yours differs? If it's a matter of size, I will need the precise measurements written out, if possible. In my experience the biggest determining factor will be the size and spacing of the two bottom prongs.

As for the pivot bar carrier, the only product we sell that may work is our 26-382S. This is compatible with the 26-089 but my major concern is whether or not it will be too large to fit in your sash. It looks a lot longer than your original. Look it over and see if you think.

Dimensions for 26-382S
Dimensions for 26-382S

A quick learner from Riverdale Park, MD says:
For actuators, the ones that I purchased did not have prongs that were long enough. They would need to be 7/16" long, and the spacing is 5/16" measured from the inside.

For the case, I may have gotten the wrong pivot bar replacements. The broken case is 2 and 1/4" long, 13/16" wide, with the window groove 10/16", measured from the inside.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We sell two actuators with 7/16" long prongs: our 26-119 and 26-235. Their prong spacing is also the same at 1/2", measured from the outside. If that measurement also matches yours then I think these are worth considering.

However, they are the only options we have. If neither will work or if that 1/2" measurement is no good then your next best option is going to be installing a surface mount latch on top of the sash. To be perfectly honest with you, that's something you might want to consider anyway; surface-mount latches are a lot easier to deal with and if you have room on the top of the sash for the latch and if you're okay drilling new holes then I think it's a reasonable solution to your issue. The video below will show you what I mean.

As for the pivot bar case, your dimensions still differ from our 26-382S. I am not very confident that this will work for you but it is the only thing we sell that might.

How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.